Published: 14 June 2016
2016 Rocky Mountain Orienteering Festival
- June 29 - July 1: Laramie Daze
- July 2 - July 4: National Event Classic Days
RMOF Planning Meeting
6/14/2016 — 8:00 pm - 9:45 pm
* Sverre reported on the current total number of registrations and the meat/veggie breakdown for the dinner. Kathleen reported that dinner orders can continue through the final registration deadline on 6/24.
* Sverre will send Kathleen a list of dinner attendees (with ph# and email address), so she can recruit helpers to set up for the dinner. (Kathleen is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow!)
* We have 47 t-shirt orders so far.
* Sverre will send Amy the size breakdown just after noon on 6/15. Also, Kris will add in some extras for volunteer t-shirts (cross-referencing against volunteers who have already ordered t-shirts). The vendor's hard deadline for getting our order in is 5pm on 6/15.
* Sverre will cut off t-shirt orders at noon on 6/15; Brooke will post a reminder about this early t-shirt order deadline (via email, Attackpoint & Facebook).
* Amy will put the t-shirt order on her credit card, and then Sverre will reimburse her.
C. Start Times:
* Sverre proposed a two-minute start interval and four open slots per hour. We agreed.
D. Meet Notes:
* We will tell people to print their own information from the web site. Sverre will send an email about this to all registered attendees (Kris will send Sverre a reminder email about doing this).
E. Registration / Packets:
* Bibs: Doug put 200 bibs (#1-#200) on a shelf in the storage unit; Sverre will pick them up.
* Dinner Tickets: Sverre will create and print dinner tickets to put in the packets, indicating "meat" or "veggie".
* Packet Assembly: Sverre and a friend will do this.
* SportIdent Rentals: Brooke will send Sverre the list of rental sticks to pre-assign; rental sticks will go in the packets; Sverre will pick up the sticks from our storage unit.
* Refunds: No refunds for no-shows -- unless they have a really good excuse.
* Packet Pick-up: Amy volunteered staff the packet pick-up table on Friday afternoon / evening if we have a place to do it. Sverre will be staying at Hilton Garden Inn, arriving on Friday afternoon with a friend who can also help. Kathleen will call Hilton to ask for a room or corner of the lobby for us to use for packet pick, from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm on Friday, 7/1.
* Sverre and Kris will handle packet handout on Friday morning at the Laramie Daze site, along with t-shirts (which Amy will be bringing up on Thursday afternoon); then they will bring the box of packets to the Hilton for afternoon / evening packet pick-up.
* All registration changes need to be reported to John for OE2010 software updates -- course, class, SI#, start time, etc.
F. Course Setting Update from Mikell:
* Laramie Daze: Mikell has printed maps based on current pre-registration estimates. He may need more bibs if we get more than 80 for the relay. Brooke will mail extra bibs and punch cards to Mikell on 6/15.
* Day 1 -- Graham is working on final updates; he'll be back in town on 6/16; no issues anticipated.
* Day 2 -- Neal plans to finalize his courses on 6/15.
* Day 3 -- Joel is 100% finished, and Doug has the OCAD files for printing.
G. Map Printing:
* Doug will try to fit the RMOC and RMOF logos on the maps.
* Doug will go to Hansen Brothers for the first print run.
* Doug will print all-control maps for control pick-up.
* Doug will also print the separate clue sheets (clue sheets will not be put in packets, but will be available at the start area prior to call-up). * Doug will deliver maps when he arrives in Laramie on Wednesday afternoon, 6/29.
* Map cases will not be sealed.
H. Meet Equipment:
* Doug will bring everything (except for controls) — both tents (for start & snacks), table, chairs, finish banner & poles/stakes, map boxes, etc.
* Kris will bring the controls (it doesn't make sense for Graham to drive from Greeley down to Denver and then back to Laramie...), and also all of the e-punch boxes from John.
* Doug reported that we have 105 stands (maybe 110, but a few need to be fixed and a few are short ones).
* We may need to pull Day 1 White & Yellow stands to use on Day 2.
* Total control counts:
- Graham: 44 (SI boxes #31-79)
- Neal: 57 (SI boxes #101-175)
- Joel: 47 (SI boxes #31-79)
* We will also need stands for:
- Start x 2
- Clear x 2
- Check x 2
- Finish x 2
J. E-Punch Boxes:
* We have 75 from OUSA (#101-175), 46 from RMOC (#31-76), and 20 from DPS (#1-20, John will recode them as #77-97).
* John will make a third Start box as a backup.
* John & Chris Silva will swap early/late start times.
* Course setters (Graham / Neal / Joel) need to send final XML course files to John no later than 6/24.
* Sverre needs to send start-list files to John no later than 6/27.
* John will make the font very big for the results sheets.
* Doug will check on renting a van to use for the e-punch crew, either in Denver, Laramie, or Cheyenne. Maybe a U-Haul van?
* We'll need a volunteer to hang results. Do we also need a volunteer to write down bib numbers and times at the finish?
* Sverre asked if can we set up a web server and wireless access point for people to look at results on their cell phones. John will check.
* Kris has five boxes of pottery from Sheryl.
* Brooke will make labels for the awards:
- Overall Three-Day Combined Time: 1st-2nd-3rd
- WSC: 1st only
M. Toilet Numbers:
* We'll need to guesstimate requirements based on attendance, configurable by day and by site.
* Keep in mind that it's Fourth of July weekend, the units will be put out ahead of time, and other people will be using them...
* Mikell already has a location map and directions ready for the portapotty guy.
N. Mapper's Notes: Mikell will send notes to Brooke & Kris for posting on the web site.
O. Snacks: Bananas & oranges. Pretzels @ Costco. Brooke will do this.
P. Water for Finish:
* Kris will talk to Simon about getting extra water for the finish.
* Doug reports we have six packets of Vitalyte in the storage unit. Kris will confirm with Craig that he's ordering more.
Q. Miscellaneous: Brooke will ask attendees to bring two-way radios for meet staff.