· Officers:

[x] Sherry Litasi, President
[x] Sverre Froyen, Vice President
[ ] Rich Gostenik, Treasurer
[x] Brooke Mann, Secretary

· Other Members:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]


A. Roll-Call.

B. General Business:

  1. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. is offering Green Diamond Tires to RMOC members at wholesale cost.

  2. We have very strict requirements from the USFS for our upcoming meets at Kelly Dahl and Observatory: (a) Only park on the hardened road surface, not the shoulder. (b) Only park on the south side of the road at Observatory. Brooke will add these requirements to the meet detail pages on the web site, and will also send out an email reminder to the RMOC list.

  3. Someone had a question about whether the "family maximum" meet fee option includes extra maps. We decided that the "family maximum" fee does include one map per person in the family.

  4. We discussed some options for a volunteer incentive program. Specifically, we had some discussions about which meet volunteers should get a voucher for free meet entry. (All volunteers or just the "big" jobs such as Meet Director and Course Setter?) We didn't reach a definitive decision on this. We also reviewed the postcard Brooke designed to serve as the free-entry voucher.

  5. Brooke has reconfigured all the control code tags to hang in the proper orientation. (As previously configured, the tags hung down inside the control flag where they were not visible. This was mentioned as a concern by runners at several recent meets.)

  6. Do we need to raise our meet fees if we invest in E-Punch equipment? We agreed to discuss this at our Annual Meeting in November. Brooke will research the current meet fees charged by other large clubs, as a comparison point.

  7. Sherry is considering several different venues for our Annual Meeting: REI-Denver, the Denver Zoo, Four-Mile House, and Vitamin Cottage at 15th & Platte in Denver.

  8. The offices of President and Treasurer will be up for election at our Annual Meeting.

  9. Sherry requested that we review and comment on her draft of the Meet Director's Handbook by this Friday, September 21st, 2007.

  10. Sherry and Brian Coleman will be attending a Boy Scout "Camporee" on September 29th, 2007.

  11. Sherry and Brian have talked about hosting a Boy Scout Orienteering Championship event at Peaceful Valley in May 2008.

  12. Our next few meetings (except for the Annual Meeting) will be held on the third Thursday of the month.

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by