[x] Sherry Litasi, President
[x] Sverre Froyen, Vice President
[ ] Dick Matthews, Treasurer
[x] Brooke Mann, Secretary
· Other Members:
[x] Brian Coleman
A. GENERAL UPDATES
* Sherry, Brooke and Brian discussed plans for the upcoming Boy Scout expo on Saturday, April 22. Approximately 12,000 attendees are expected. Brian has arranged for RMOC to have a booth at the expo. Also, Brian plans to set a mini-orienteering course around the exhibit hall, with prizes to the first 200 finishers. Prizes will be safety whistles imprinted with the RMOC name and website URL. (Whistle cost is $0.50-0.70 each.) Brooke will help Brian set-up and staff the booth. The event website is http://www.denverareacouncil.com/council/activities/ss_06/SS-home.htm
* Sherry provided an update from Dick Matthews (RMOC Treasurer).
* We brainstormed about ideas for improving participation at our monthly meetings.
* Sverre provided an update on the status of permits for our upcoming local meets.
* Sherry gave an update on the latest permit discussions with the USFS and BLM. Ideally, we'll submit our 2007 schedule and permit request to the USFS earlier (by November 1, 2006), in order to help ensure a more streamlined approval process.
* Our training event in Nederland is now tentatively set for July 30th. The Buffalo Creek training event will be on June 3rd or 4th, pending the preferences and availability of the Meet Director (JP) and Course Setter (Dick Matthews).
* Our 2006 potluck is currently scheduled for Sunday, November 12th. Sherry is hoping to reserve a room at Washington Park, so that we can have a mini-meet before the potluck.
* Brian has completed an updated hiking map of Peaceful Valley, at 1:12,000 scale. Certain elements of the map may be re-useable for our updated orienteering map (e.g. vegetation shape files and linear features such as roads, trails, and hydrology).
B. MAPPING UPDATES:
* JP is working to obtain contact diapositives for Golden Gate Canyon State Park.
* Our future permit for Saylor Park would depend on us scheduling around the USAFA's regular annual usage. Sherry will continue to follow-up with her contact at the USFS.