Event Details For:
Orienteering Meet ♦ at Chatfield State Park (Littleton)
Saturday, April 14th, 2018
Course Setter: Doug Berling
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Doug Berling
Meet Equipment: Doug Berling
Pre-Registration Deadline: 10:00 pm MDT on Thursday, April 12th, 2018
[List of Registered Runners]
♦ Colorado Scholastic Orienteering League: This meet is included in the 2018 Colorado Scholastic Orienteering League (CSOL) series. All middle school and high school students are invited to participate.
- Middle school students compete on the beginner-level Yellow course.
- Junior Varsity high school students compete on the beginner-level Yellow course.
- Varsity high school students compete on the intermediate-level Orange course.
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is required for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. (Note: Large groups have a special pre-registration process; send an email to the webmaster for details.)
New for RMOC Members: Expedite meet check-in with a year-long waiver. [Details]
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm Registration and starts. (You can register and start at any time during this window. Start early if you want to try multiple courses, or if you expect to take a long time on your course.) 1:00 pm Basic Beginner Instruction will be offered at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. 4:00 pm All courses close at 4:00 pm. (We'll start picking up controls at 4:00 pm. Out of consideration for the meet volunteers, please check in and download at the Finish no later than 4:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.)
Courses: This meet will offer standard Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced courses. You can find an explanation of the orienteering course color scheme at our FAQs page.
- The Beginner courses (White and Yellow) will be suitable for Beginners of all ages -- kids, adults, families, etc.
- Runners on the Red, Green, Orange, and CSOL Orange courses will cross the river two or three times. The river depth is relatively low (~1.5 feet deep in the shallow areas). The White & Yellow beginner courses will stay west of the river (no crossings).
PRELIMINARY Course Details:
Course Length Length (km) # of
Beginner White Very Short 2.2 7 Yellow (Regular & CSOL) Short 2.7 9 Intermediate Orange Medium 4.2 11 Orange (CSOL) Medium 4.4 10 Advanced Green Medium 6.1 15 Red Long 7.5 18
Beginner Instruction: Basic Beginner Instruction will take place at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. When you register, let a volunteer know that you would like Beginner Instruction.
Event Fees: Our standard meet fees will apply. Please refer to the table below.
- We accept cash and checks payable to "RMOC".
- School groups can use our "Request for Invoice" form to be billed after the meet.
Status Age Course Type RMOC Meet
RMOC Member All Ages All Courses $11.00 Non-Member Junior (under 21) All Courses $11.00 Adult (21 and over) Beginner (White & Yellow) $11.00 Intermediate & Advanced $15.00 CSOL Middle School
& High School
Yellow & Orange
with e-punch rental
$10.00 Yellow & Orange
with own e-punch
$8.00 E-Punch Discount (if you have your own -- where to buy) – $3.00 Extra Maps (for teams) $3.00 Extra Courses (same person doing multiple courses on the same day) $5.00 Compass Rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.) $1.00 Safety Whistle Purchase $1.00
Note: Teams only pay one registration fee per team (plus the cost of any extra maps they want; one map is included in the team registration fee).
Volunteers: Please contact RMOC President Doug Berling if you can volunteer at this meet: email. If you volunteer, you can still run a course. The following roles need to be filled:
- Registration Table;
- Beginner Instruction;
- E-Punch Timing; and
- Control Pick-Up.
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions: Parking, registration, and start / finish will be at the Denver Audubon Nature Center just south of Chatfield State Park (11280 Waterton Rd, Littleton, CO). [Google Map]
Online pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2023-10-02 05:22:34